Tuesday 29 December 2015

Club Run Group 0 - Post Christmas Run!!

Hello from the great big pudding writing this blog!

Well, what a Christmas it has been.  If it even remotely looked Christmassy then I ate it or I drank it!  My waist line has become a waist block!  I seem to have been given an extra chin as well!  To be truthful, I think I have been over indulging for quite some time, so from the new year then I will be concentrating on getting my mojo back, getting my fitness back and my waist line as well as giving this extra chin back to where ever it came from!

I didn't know how many group 0's would be here today, I knew there wasn't going to be a couple of them, and I was half expecting to be following group 1 trying to keep up with them!  But then Christine said she would be coming with me, she hasn't been for a while, and also a couple of others were in two minds as to which group they would be in, but decided to come along with us.

Because of the pudding like waist line I decided on the 'get back into it' route, nice and easy, but with the little undulations to remind us that actually we are are to run and get fitter!  I gave out my little bit of information to the waiting crowds and listened as all the other  leaders gave their descriptions of their planned routes, and then we were off.

I started my Garmin off........oh, did I tell you all that my lovely hubby, the Old Boy, asked Santa to bring me a fab new Garmin 225?  It's an absolutely brilliant piece of kit, it tracks your steps during the day, (which I wasn't do enough of for the first couple of days!)  nags you if you sit to long!  It has this wrist HRM and 'live tracking' too, which I am figuring out how to do....the live tracking, the HRM!  Anyway, bloomin pleased as punch with my new toy!

I wasn't the only one that had a new Garmin either, one of the other ladies had one too, the same as mine but without the HRM, but she literally only took it out of the box just before coming along here!  We both started our watches and ran out of the gate!

We were going left and then left again. Towards Petts Wood, up the little undulations, you know the ones I spoke about earlier.  Well my tummy, as well as my legs, feet, ankles, lungs and all the other bits above and below, wondered what the hell I was doing!  I really think my body thought I had stopped all that nonsense, come back to my senses.  Go back to 2007, happily eating drinking and watching Eastenders!

Two of the ladies with me were bouncing about and running and looking as if they are about to start a race in the Olympics!  Raring to go! and me and Christina were at the back..  Christina did pick up a little 'pull' in her leg.  I think we should have done some drills or maybe a slower run for the first half mile, to warm up a bit, as she hasn't been out for a week or two!  But we took it easy for the rest of the run.  Walking, stretching out when needed and then back to running.

I must say, it felt great to be out running away all those calories I've been stuffing down my neck, inside my head I felt like this,



but my body actually felt like this!



My goals starting from 1st of January, from say 10 am or later at least, is to  cut calories, up the running and cycling and get tons fitter...again!  This time I am not going to be pressurising myself by entering long races unless I think it's going to be a fun time with my running buddies!  I am going back to the days when I just really loved being out and running!  Even now as I write this I am smiling, I am feeling positive about it.........and so bloody pleased I didn't get a place in next years VLM!

So, todays run with my running buddies is the start of 'Operation - Donna's Mojo', with my motto being Train like I want to win!

Geeky stats, from my brand new Garmin, this is it, with a picture of my 'ex' Garmin, which I can't actually find at the mo....and it still has a run on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment