Tuesday 10 November 2015

Last Group 0 A 7

Hello blog lovers.

Well, the end of two runs on a Tuesday!  I will miss it, and I know there is one lady that just can't do the 8 o clock start! Which is a shame, as she is doing so brilliantly!  I hope that she keeps it going, and maybe be able to join in on the occasional Thursday morning run!

However, group 0 is not finishing all completely, we are just moving it to 8 o'clock.  It will be bringing group 0 into the fold, so to speak.  And also it saves me freezing during the winter months waiting to do group 1 afterwards!  It's easy in the summer, but the winter months are pretty difficult!

Today though I was just running in group 0.  After my trip up yesterday on the way to school I am a tad sore and stiff!  Why does it ache so much more when you get older!? I guess the answer to that is that it is further to fall!  Just down the right side of my body is where most of the aching is! And my left hand! But at least it not too bad! It could have been worse.

But it did make it a bit of a struggle, my side was hurting, and my arm as I was running along.  There was only Jenny today, yes, she with the long legs!  So I seemed to be running twice as fast! And we we was running up hill too!  The route I chose for the last  7 o clock run was the Birchwood route.  Mainly because it is the shorter one!  I don't think my aches and pains would have too much sympathy if I went on too long a run.

But Jenny did really well, that first 'warm' up quarter of a mile she did really well!  I am sure that we was running sub 11 min/mil, at least when I looked at my Garmin that is what it said.  It's no wonder that we didn't make it to the top of the hill!  I must remember from next week, to stay more mindful of my Garmin!

Today, however, I must have squeezed too hard as I switched the bloomin thing off!  Its a good job that Jenny has borrowed this fancy Garmin.  I will have to ask her to up load the geeky stats.  But todays run was good.  I think we did pretty good time! Next week the route will be at least a mile longer!  I know it is going to be brilliant!  For a start I have my pals that will be helping with the leadership, J.J. Wendimoo and Janet, and all the support from the other leaders!  It's going to be brilliant!  I think Jenny is looking forward to it too! Or was that a nervous laugh when I asked her!

So, hopefully by Thursday my aches and pains and bruises will be a lot better, for a nice easy run, just to keep my legs moving for a brilliant (speedy!?) 10k, ok maybe not speedy, but still a great 10k on Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment