Monday 9 November 2015

A Little Solo Run!

Hello blog lovers.

Before I write about todays run I must tell you about Saturday!  Saturday was the last of the beginners Saturday morning meets at Willet Rec.  We have about 15 or so that has made it to the end, and the next time we will see them is at Parkrun in Normans park on Saturday.

I have been, as usual encouraging all the lovely people at the back, some unfortunately didn't manage to finish the course this time round, because of illness (darn that flu bug thing!).  But I do like to try to inspire all those that struggle at the back.

Tanya is going to be graduating from here, she did it last time but then life gets in the way, and she stopped running, and then the mojo gets buried under work, housework, kids, ironing and, well you know stuff!  So after Saturday, I have plans for her!  She will not give up this time,  she really wants to be apart of our club!

It is such a great privilege to be able to help and encourage people to reach out and achieve their goals. So now unto my run today.  Normally it would be a cycling day, but some of the ladies couldn't make it.  I could have gone by myself, but I do like company, especially for tea and coffee after, so I decided I would go for a run instead.

I have the Brooks 10k in Brighton on Sunday, so I thought maybe do at least 4 miles today and then take it easy for the rest of the week, in preparation.  My route was not through the woods, not on my own anyway, so I ran all the way to Normans park, once around the park and then home again via my local park.

I started off slow, as usual, warming up, by the time I got onto to main road I was up to my speed.  But then the thoughts came think and fast, even with my music playing.  This time of the year does get to me, especially when I am running.  Because the reason why I am running is not here here to see it. She never was.  She never got to see me run or at least walk my first 5k 'race' with the whole entire family.  She never got to see me run 10k through the woods.

I couldn't tell her that I 'secretely' entered the Virgin London Marathon for 2013!  My mum, she would have been at as many cheer points as she could have been, I know that!  She would have been the first to hug me too.  But she never got to see, because cancer got her first. I felt totally useless watching her suffer through the illness, and I felt totally devastated when she was no longer here.  The only thing I could do was to at least raise money for cancer research.

So there I was running, thinking about next week, thinking about 8 years ago and what she was going through.  Well, I cried, I cried on most of the run today.  I thought I might be able to cry it all away. By the time I was coming through my local park I was feeling a bit better.  This time of year is always hard, even though I think of mum every day, just this time of the year its tough!

Mind you, it didn't help matters when later on on the way to school I tripped up and fell arse over tit! Scrapping my hands and knees and elbow.  Boy, did I really want my mum then, there is nothing like mums cuddles to make it all better!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment