Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tuesday Club night

Hello blog lovers.

Today has not been a good day.  You know sometimes you wake up, there's a smile on your face, the sun is shining, and you feel like a million dollars! Well today it was the total opposite of that.  I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt sad.

I was supposed to go for a cycle ride with my sister, but we had a lack of communication and it all went pear shaped.  I had thoughts of just going by myself but I just couldn't shift this yucky feeling.  So I thought I would try and cheer myself up, putting money back into my account by taking something back to the shops that I bought but didn't need.

So this evening I really wanted to get out for a run.  Even though my mojo was way down in my boots I got myself ready for my evening run.  My group 0 often thank me for taking them out, they often say "if it wasn't for this group I would have given up" but today I should be thanking them.  If it wasn't for the fact that I had this group to lead tonight then I would continue to veg on my chair.

The route that I had chosen is the easier route, although that hill in the beginning is quite a challenge! but once at the top then that's it for the hills.  It's all down hill or flat.  The ladies were really running very well indeed.  Once we got up that hill the running was just brilliant.  Almost easy going.  They were both chatting and (I am sure) having fun!

As we were making such good time, I decided to go 'exploring'.  Jayne had noticed that there were lots of paths in the woods.  We often just run past them without giving them a second thought.  As there were three of us, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to go on one of these paths.  You can't get lost in these words (Isn't that right Jayne!) I hadn't a clue where the path would lead us too, but as long as you head towards the sound of the rail tracks then we will know exactly where we are! Simples.

But where I though we would come out of and where we actually came out of was completely different. I felt just to quick to be there.  Maybe the path that I had taken was a short cut, but there we were coming from a path just by 'Dog Poo' Ally.  So there was only one thing to do, and that is to extend the run into the other side of the woods.

We ran on the path that was parallel to the rail tracks on our left, and we ran towards the first of the bridges across.  It had been raining everso slightly and on of the stickiest puddles that hadn't quite dried up like all the rest gained a new lease of life and we had to use the little path to the right of that. We ran and we chatted, it was just a really pleasant run through the woods.

Although it was still a bit chilly for a summers evening, we did work hard and we were quite warm from our running,  We soon got back to the rec, but only after I took them up Towncourt road, well, what's one more tiny hill!  The run didn't quite get rid of my bleak mood, and my headache was still there, so I decided I wouldn't push it with a group 1 run and came home!

A great run today though, totally love being out in the woods running with my friends!  Now to find out if the Garmin site is working yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment