Monday 7 July 2014

Sunday Long Run

Hello blog lovers

I have not been for a long run for what seems like ages, so today I made sure I found the time to get out there and do it. 
I got my music in my ears, my usual route on my mind, and my running shoes tied tightly!  I just set my Garmin (which at the moment is just not uploading on to the site!) and set off.

It was raining earlier but now the sky has cleared and the sun looks as if its going to show its smiley face.  I hope it won't be too hot, I am not bringing any water with me.  I left my house with a smile on my face. Yes, I am going to look forward to this run.  I am going to try and nag myself nicely to keep running for as long as I can, and if I do walk then I will gently nag myself to pick up the running again.

So that was my plan.  I know 6 or 7 miles is not a long run, but to me it's quite a long run.  If I hear any good news come October then I will be doing a long longer runs!  But until then, 7 miles or in this case (as I had forgotten to switch my Garmin) 11k.

My whole technology seems to be packing up on me, from my lap top to my Garmin, but I think the Garmin could quite possibly be 'Mr. Garmin' himself as they sort out the new site!  Why they have to change things I do not know!

So I started this blog yesterday before my lap top had a melt down, and is now under a black cloud, i.e. a black screen and I have no idea how to get it back!  So I am finishing this on my desktop.

So where was I! Oh yes, 11k I did yesterday, and a very pleasant 11k it was too, its a pity I can't show you just yet, but I did it in 1 hour and 29 mins, not bad for an Old Girl, on her own listening to some tunes!  It felt good to be just out running with no-one but me. Sometimes you need to do that, whether its to just test yourself to see if you can run by yourself, to see if you can push yourself to run further that you would with other people. At least running by yourself you can run as far as you want to,  at your own pace.

It's also good to just run with a clear mind, not thinking about anything or anyone else around.  There is none of 'I wish we could run further' or 'I wish they would run slower' because the time is all yours to do with as you want.  Sunday for me was just that.  I had my route, I also had in mind that if I wanted to go further I could, if I wanted to walk I could, but now I am repeated my self!

Run, for running sake!  That was my Sunday run, and bloody good it was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment