Tuesday 10 December 2013

Club Run - I'm Glad I Went Out!

Hello blog lovers.

Club run today, and I decided to 'hang the headache' or at least the anadin was working, and just go and join in with the club runs. The graduates are turning up for the 8 o'clock sessions and are fitting nicely into group 1.  Today, however, group 2 merged with us as sickness and other stuff (parties and whatnot) kept a few leaders from todays runs.  Illustrious leader was leading today and as I wasn't feeling particularly fine and dandy, I chose to run at the back. 

I.L. chose to run up Birchwood this evening, get the long hill over and done with.  After that it was flat or slightly undulating.  We almost had a fall as one of our numbers tripped up on the pavements but she managed to stay up right! If that had been me I am sure I would have been in a heap on the floor.  But she had nimble feet and managed stay on them.

We reached the top of the hill and had a short break, and then we carried on turning right then left.  The main hill was done and now there were just little undulations to do.  I kept up the encouragement with Lorraine, her husband, Barry, was with us today as well.  He has been off running for a few weeks due to sickness and decided today to run with group 1 and give Lorraine some encouragement too.  You can never get enough encouragement, that's for sure.

After a few twists and turns we go to Beaumont road and I.L. took the sweepers role.  The group 2 members took the lead and led some of our faster group 1 runners to the rec and I headed up the middle group, with J.J. and Jan.  We passed some lovely houses with all the Christmas lights twinkling away.  I do love this time of year when all the households make an effort with the Christmas decoration  (I still have my Christmas tree in a box somewhere) and I.L. sent us on a slight different route home from Beaumont road that we usually do because of some particularly lovely lights on one of the roads.

I did my usual sprint down Crossways and entered a dark misty park to do the warm down stretches.

A great run tonight, and I am so glad that I went out today.  My headache didn't materialise as it did last Saturday, even though I had a bit of a cough, everything was just perfect. Here is the Geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment