Tuesday 3 December 2013

Club Run - And the Numbers Swell!

Hello blog lovers.

Group 1

"Hang about" I bet you're all thinking, "No Graduates run today?" Well let me tell you, No there wasn't.  Today was the first day for Lorraine and Nagging Sister to come and join the ranks of Group 1 of the Pettswood Runners.  We had a couple of other new newbies, ones that haven't been on a beginners course, but have heard of our fantastic leaders, runners members, coaches that we have at our club. At least one or two new members every couple of months! How brilliant is that!

Illustrious Leader was leading today, and she knew that we had some newbies coming along and the route she chose couldn't have been more perfect for them.  Well, Lorraine and N.S. did really well.  I knew N.S would, her parkrun times have been getting faster and faster.  Nagging Sister has deffo found her running mojo.

I was feeling pretty good, pretty relaxed and looking forward to this evenings run.  And I was looking forward to seeing how Lorraine felt after this evenings run.  I know that she can do it, with a little help, and a little bit of extra pushing from herself she will stay with the pack or just be a few seconds behind.

The first mile we a kept together ok, there were two noticeable groups forming, but I.L. has plans for the front runners, a couple of places to loop back and do extra bits to keep warm.  I was feeling pretty good too, quite refreshed and pleased to be out running.  Now this type of evening runs I just love doing.  Great company, great route (hardly any hills) and even the weather was for us! For a December evening it wasn't too cold.

We had a regroup about 2-3 times along the route, I.L sent the front runners around various loops and extra bits of road and everyone was having a great time. Now I.L. did mention Cardiac Hill, but we really only just touched on it and took this cheeky little road on the left that was leading us towards the last few roads.  I must try and remember that road.

After we done Covert Road and the close, I.L. took over sweeper duties and then I pushed ahead to run along with the rest of the group.  It really was a very good run, and I am now looking forward to the race that I have booked on to on Sunday, although it's a Grand Prix event, I think I would have entered it anyway as its a great fun run, but I shall wait to Sunday to tell you about that.

Geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment