Sunday 12 May 2013

Get On Old Girl!

Hello blog lovers.

I really must get on. It's been a while now, since the M....... run on the 21st April, 2013! And it's time to stop thinking about what I did, and concentrate on what I need to do.

I couldn't understand the whole concept of the Marathon lows, the 'Ok, I have done that, now what' syndrome. But I think I may have a touch of that. Yes I went to club runs, and I have ran a couple of extra runs in between, but that only amounts to 5 runs since then!  I really must get my mojo back. I must get my love of 'running for running sake' back.  It's there, because I still love running! I just haven't done enough of it.

Today it's Sunday. I have asked my daughter and grandson and my son's girlfriend to dinner! Is this another ploy to stop me from running today? I know I want to run! So I made a plan.  Ok, so this doesn't include getting up early in the morning! My mojo is going to take some while to get out of the duvet! But I will make time to do my usual route. Turpington and back. 

Even taking my grandson to church this morning wasn't going to affect my plans to run today, nor, indeed, the need to go to the shops to get more 'tatoes for dinner! I am going to run. Life had a way of getting in my way during my run up to the m....... big run that I did last month, and the weather tried to stop me as well.  But with planning, it can be done.

So my plan

  1. Get up, breakfast, dress and collect child.
  2. Church, biscuits and/or tea chat.
  3. Shop for said 'tatoes.
  4. Drop of child to his mother.
  5. Home, peal and prepare food ready from slamming in the oven after run.
  6. Out for run.
  7. Slam in lamb, shower and enjoy rest of the day with family.
Seems simple enough, even for me. And it was! And also an added chore, the  doing of the washing, yet still I was wasting time.  After a quick nag to myself I got on with no.6 in my list of things to do for this afternoon. (this evenings list is just one thing. 1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) I got into my running gear, feeling very confident that I will do an excellent run today.  The weather was not as bright as it has been.  The sky looks a bit grey and the wind is reminding me that it's still around. 

But there I was, Garmin on wrist, connected to the satellites and ready to go. I set off, destination......well home obviously.....but first Turpington lane.   I got to .....wait for it.....Birch Row and my arms, thats right, my arms and shoulders started to ache! What is all that about?! I put it down to just plain too little running lately.

I soon got into the groove and ran towards Turpington.  I ran to the first mile marker (I think now I should have just ran somewhere different) and took at walk.  11.08 min for the first mile! Not fast I know, but for this Old Girl yes, it was a tad faster than what I have been used to, you know, the whole 12 min/mile.  I know I need to work on the speed part of my running, and that is to be done over shorter distances.  I think a word with the coaches, some......dare I say.....homework type of runs will be required by me!

I had noticed that my breathing was slightly off as well. I deffo need to do more running.  The run back home was......boring.......sigh. I need to look for new routes.  That's what I like about our club runs. Each week its a different route.  I need look around for for shorter, more interesting runs.  Now that the summer is here, the woods is always a great draw for me, so I may just take a few runs in there to find my mojo!

I did the usual sprint(ish) back to my home. Not a great time, but it's a start. Mojo, I am coming for you!

So Geeky stats.






No comments:

Post a Comment