Tuesday 2 April 2013

Club Run

Hello Blog Lovers.

Well, this is a turn up for the books. After Sundays LSR and the way I was feeling yesterday, I really didn't think I would be able to walk, let along run today. Yet I woke up this morning, and I could move! I could move easily, without aches and pains and niggles! Incredible. Yesterday I was letting out involuntary noises (from my mouth I might add!) every time I moved, nay, breathed, and yet here I am writing up a blog and feeling like I have just come back from a gentle short jog, which, by the way, it was.

Surely that can only mean that I am actually getting fitter, it doesn't take me that long now to recover from long runs, just a day and half to recover from a 16 miler. To be honest, I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but I am quite pleased with that recovery rate. I was looking forward to todays run, but I also know that I will still have to take things easy, no good undoing all the good work a rest day has done me. 

I felt a very slight discomfort in one knee when I was warming up, as I ran down the hill to the rec.  I thought I would have a bit of trouble keeping up with the group, but I shall see as the run develops.  We have a few new faces today, a work colleague of the Old Boy recognised me. He is already a PWR, but he bought along a couple of friends who had never been running before, and also Brian The Snail, (his nickname is only because of his Facebook profile picture honest!) The Snail is a friend of mine, he goes to the same church as me.  He is an avid reader of my blogs which, apparently has inspired him to come back to running.  But I feel his mum is probably his biggest inspiration, over 70 years old and still running and cycling, (even cycling up hills).

It is really good to see our numbers swell at our club, I think, one of the best and friendliest clubs around!  The snail, and this doesn't reflect his running, by the way, decided to try out group 1. He doesn't usually track his pace, so wasn't sure which group to start off in. So I suggested to start at no.1 and work his way through. The other two newbies seemed very comfortable in the group and kept up with the main group.

I was doing the sweeping at the back, and keeping anyone else, who is improving through the group, company.  Wendy is a newbie too, she came along last week after talking to some of our beginners at the local park run.  She is challenging herself a bit this week, and she was at the back with me.  I jogged along with her and Janet, encouraging all the way.  When she walked a bit, I walked along too. But she has these long legs, and I couldn't keep up with her unless I jogged along beside her!

The route was quite a nice flattish route today, led by SingStar Jo. I was quite grateful of that! Maybe posting my blog on the club's FaceBook page can bring about sympathy from our leaders and then will go easier on those of us who have pushed extra hard over the weekends!

It was a very good run today, and it was nice to see some new faces join our ranks. By the way Brian the Snail will deffo need to move up a group or two, but it was nice to have him for a while in our group.  It's nice to run with people you know, but our group is just so friendly he would have been at ease anyway. Todays geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment