Thursday 29 March 2012

A Damn Good Thrashing!


Hello bloggees, hope you all well.

Another glorious day out today, wonderful time with the little whipper snappers in the sunshine, loads of washing done, hung on the line and dried. What more does anyone need...............A damn good thrashing, obviously!

After the Old Boy tinkled on his motor bike he was ready for a little jog with me. I was getting rather comfy in my arm chair, and was wanting to cook me dinner! But after the OB goaded me, saying "If you can't make it Old Girl, don't worry about it, I won't go on and on and on about it" Of course I went upstairs to get changed!

He was very kind to me though, or so I thought. "Lets do the same course but in the opposite direction" All I could think of is Goss Hill, and coming down it! I had actually forgotten the other hill that, when ran in the clockwise drection is actually longer! Not only that, but just after the first set of steps the Old Boy spied a thin stick. He picked it up and then 'thwacked' my bottom, just like you do with the horses! "Oh why didn't I think of this before" he said with a chuckle, and then he poked me with it as well "This will keep you going"

Tut, the things I have to put up with! Still, it amuses the OB, and too be honest, he did rather amuse me too! Let's see if it is still amusing at the end of the run! I struggled up the path that goes through the middle of the woods! I would just have to pace myself. But I did my usual thing, I stopped, and as the OB would say, had a cup of tea and slice of cake! Oh I wish!

I was pleased to get to the top of this hill, and then to run along the top. We always run on the bridle path, and today we actually saw a horse and rider. She galloped off in front of us, I was just thinking "I hope it don't 'drop' any thing as it cantered along" But just along the top here, the horse and rider had slowed down and we were gaining on it. I saw the OB over take the horse and then I over took it as well. How fast does anyone need to go when they can overtake a moving horse!!

As we were beginning to climb up another hill I could hear the horse and rider gaining on us. I tried to keep going, and even the Old Boy said "Keep on going, don't stop" but I just had to, I was going to let the horse go ahead of me, but then she explained that she was stopping just up ahead, so no need to pass us.

So back to the running. All I could think of is that Goss hill is not that far away now, which means that is almost all over and done with! And this evening I know I am going to do Goss hill without stopping!

It was just at the bottom of the hill that the OB decided to play 'Pooh Sticks' with the stick that he found way back at the first steps, and yes, he did prod me and thwacked me all the way to this point. He threw the now broken sticks into the river and said "Oo look, I win again" Little things, I thought to myself.

On the way towards Bickly Manor we saw a group of runners, I'm not sure who they were with, but I tried to 'look good' and keep on running. As soon as they passed I slowed to a walking pace again, until I saw yet more of them! Three little groups came passed! And I tried to make sure I was running.

Going through Jubilee park I noticed that the local scout troupe we out! "Oh no, I have to keep on running! I can't walk in front of this lot" I thought to myself. So I had to dig deep and keep it going.

The last hundred yards now, and the Old Boy told me to sprint it. Of course his stick was floating towards the River Ravensbourne and probably end up in Old Father Thames! But I still sprinted, I put on a good sprint. I was quite pleased I did because we parked our car next to this chap who had just got out his, to walk his dog, and he just happened to be back the same time as us, and I was sprinting along like a real runner!

No runner, jogger or wife, was actually harmed in the making of this blog, all names have been changed to protect those that would otherwise be arrested for beating of the wife.

Geeky stats for you,

2 comments:

  1. cheeky OB but at least he kept your motivated and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does try lol, if I go faster then so does he :-)

      Delete