Tuesday 27 March 2012

Club Run - Yeah!

Hello my blog readers!

Two weeks off from my running club and boy does it tell! NS is back as well, she has had a week off as well. But she is still going for group 2, I, on the other hand are going to stay in group 1.

I have come to realise that there are generally fit people, and people who push the barriers, get the pain and get fitter, and then there are even fit people who got unfit and the get fit again. Then there is me! An old couch potato, still trying to kid herself that one day a marathon! One day day, after the half marathon that me and NS have promised ourselves, then who knows!

I keep plodding along. I can see that I have improved tons since I first started my struggles to get fit and stay fit. I have struggled with weight, and still struggle with weight. I struggle with running a whole mile non stop, which I am pleased to say that I can do now! But to do two miles non stop! I struggle to do twenty miles on a bike and keep the avg miles in double figures, which I have achieved once this year. And so on a so forth.

I do want it, I will get it, but have I left it too late?! No! No! No! is the resounding answer to that question! If I think that then I might as well go back to my couch and sit on my arse and watch it grow again!

So even though I struggled along behind group 1 again, I know I am getting fitter and stronger. So I am not a fast runner, I am a plodder, but I am here doing it!

Moans and groans and self doubt over, not to talk about my run. Our illustrious leader told us that our run today was about 3 and half miles. Well that's do-able for me, as me and the OB managed to do that yesterday! The she mentioned 'Cardiac Hill'! I said to her 'I hope you know CPR as I'm just recovering from this retched cold virus thingy' in which in turn said 'Don't worry, I can remember the tune, #Staying alive#," I was relieved, as long as her timing is not out I should be ok!

I offered my services as sweeper, well I shall be at the back anyway! But she 'That's ok, but if you get too tired don't forget to call out, we don't want to lose the sweeper!" I assured her that if (when) I do get tired I shall make sure I have enough breath to let her know!

The evening was just lovely, the weather was good, and we were even talking of going through the woods in the next few weeks! I just love summer! For now, though, its pounding the streets and pavements, down Tudor Way and then up St. Johns road.

I know this route, and I remember cardiac hill! I will try my bestest to keep up with them. So far so good, the whole of St. Johns done, and the next bit of road and the next bit of road after that! I was struggling a bit with my breathing, so I just concentrated on keeping that under control as best as I could. My back and sides are still sore from the coughing fits, and I am hoping that it definitely is on it way out now.

This next bit of road had a speed bump or some sort of bump in it, which I had missed. I stumbled over it, twisting my left leg a little and my back as I tried to to go ass over tit, not in front of the newbie! That wouldn't look good at all. I managed to save myself from landing on my face, but I maybe I should have just fallen over, do a spectacular roll and then get up again. Better than all the twisting and pulling on my muscles.

It took me a few minutes of jogging to recover from this, and to ignore the little niggle pains from my aching muscles. Best to just run through it, stretch them out and it should all be right as rain. Brilliant piece of advice for myself, not sure if its the right advice mind!

That hill soon came up. I looked up and it, then looked straight down again. "Just do your best Old girl" I said. So I started up the hill. Half way though I did say to our illustrious leader that I will be slowing down a bit now, and two other delightful ladies, offered to run along with me. Head down I started up the hill again, it got steeper and steeper, our illustrious leader came back and explained the next stop to the two young ladies that were with me, and then sent them to do their thing as our I.L. took their place. "Do you own thing" she said, and I just plodded along and did as much as I could of this darn hill.

After that it was all down hill. I love running down hill. A lung full of air and then head up and feet moving! From the round about all the way now. All doing our own thing.

One day, one day, I will be with the rest of the group! All running through the gate together as we finish our run!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment