Tuesday 26 June 2018

Three In One

Hello blog lovers.
Free!

I have been slacking, way too much, with my blogging taking a back seat!  So now I am going to cram in as much as I can while my brain is still functioning this evening!

The first was a Thursday morning run.  I wanted to take the group on a route that I haven't taken them before but I know IllustriousLeader has taken us that way.  I don't normally go into jubilee park, unless I am with some faster runners and we are going a bit further than 3 miles.  After doing the mob match there last year I knew I could work out a 3 mile loop of the park. 

I more or less knew the general direction and so we just went for it.  Auriol was with me, Tracy and the other ladies.  Auriol will be leading for the first time and this is the way she will be coming.  But for me, I was going to do a loop in the park and then come back the same way. 

It worked a treat, and with the help of Auriol we didn't actually get lost!  A lovely run with the bestest group!  I can't understand why I didn't get a picture of us all, I shall have to try harder to remember!

Geeky stats.



parkrun Saturday

Back to parkrun now, well, what can I say!  No pb, but then I haven't really be trying hard at all!  I shall have to work blimmin harder!  What I can say though, it was so hot!  Even at that time in the morning!  I couldn't believe it when I started to catch up to Holly, now she is faster than me, and probably at least 40 years younger than me!  So I was either ridiculous faster, which obviously is not that case, as I have already mentioned, no pb.  Or it really was so hot even the young un's were suffering!  I think I kept her on her toes though, as she kept turning around.

Me an Auriol ran together mostly, we'd catch up to each other, run along together, then either she would walk or I would walk.  But the last straight, just before the funnel is when we decided to do our sprint, I took off first with Auriol saying "Go on Old Girl" I started to get into my stride, I thought I had it, I was totally focused on the funnel, I could hear NaggyNeighbour calling out to me, RefMichael was urging me on.  I kept on running and running, trying to get faster and faster, I was in touching distance of the orange funnel when all of a sudden Auriol flew up the inside of of me and pipped me to the post!  Well, she just had to do it, after I did it to her on the Harvel 5!  Touche` Auriol!  A great run.  Love parkrun.

Tuesday Club run

So now, we are up to date.  This is this evenings blog.  Club run, as sub heading suggests.  The heat of the day is still with us and I just knew it was going to be a beautiful run.  NaggyNeighbour drove today, we picked up Tracy on the way and then parked up near J.J.'s house.  We all walked the short distance to the rec.  It was going to be an exciting run this evening, it was Auriols' debut leading run!  I was there just as everyone else, with no leaders bib!  

There was a big cheer when Auriol stepped up to give out her route, which she did perfectly like shes been doing it for years!  Then we all collected around our leader after all other leaders had said their bits.  There were 18 of us in the group!  That's a brilliant number for a group 1.  Both me and J.J. were sweepers, we were not going to leave the group just yet, we were there to support Auriol!  Next time she we will be moving up to group 2!

We waited till all the groups had left the park and then we headed for the top gate.  We were going over the walking bridge and then through Jubilee park!  Our group was large but there wasn't much distance between our leader Auriol and the last runner, it was quite a tight group!  We had a catch up in the carpark by the Newsshopper buildings (which are now flats actually) and then we continued our way to Tent Peg Lane and Jubilee park.  

We had a bit of a catch up there, just so that I could tell everyone about the mob match in about 3 weeks time.  It's going to be brill.  We have added to our membership with the beginners joining us and I really want to encourage all of our group 1 to turn up for this fantastic friendly mobmatch.

We then ran all the through the park, pass Bickely Manor and then down Barnet Wood lane.  We were going back into the woods.  It's gotta be down, we love the woods.  Auriol was being the 'Good Leader', she wasn't taking us up Goss hill, instead we were going to run along side the river and then turn right to run up towards the rail tracks.  It was getting closer to home and so was some of the other groups.  As we were running by the rail tracks Hels group came running up behind us.  They were going over the Bridge, all those steps, she works them hard, right to the end!  

With just about a quarter of a mile to go, group 2 caught us up!  I wondered how many other of our groups had finished their run in Petts Wood, well, it was a great way to finish a run that's for sure.
We had to run through Dog Poo ally and then back to the rec.

A fabulous run, very well lead of course, by the lovely Auriol!  Oh, by the way, the picture at the top of the blog, you may be wondering what I was doing, I was just explaining that I was 'FREE' from my leaders bib! Honest.  Oh if only I could put a boomerang picture on here!!

Geeky stats and some pictures taken by our resident photographer, Hannah

Group 1 without Hannah

Group 1 with Hannah

Just some of the scenery we  run pass


No comments:

Post a Comment