Thursday 25 September 2014

Corr Training!

Hello bloggers.

Double bubble today.  Love core training, but I think this is the last one for this year!  Now we shall have to figure what we shall do next Thursday!  I am thinking, hill training (yuck, but so so necessary) and interval training.  Yup  I think we can fill in an hour with those!

So today there was just the three of us!  Me (obviously) and MarmiteDavid and Illustrious Leader Anne.  Three hard core, to the very end of the season, core trainers!  We just must love it!  Well I know I do.

We did a couple of loops of the park for the warm up, then into drills! Ministry of silly walks was on the menu again today.  And then we did some pyramids.  It seems as if Illustrious Leader has been learning from DiscoRich as she had set out the cones quite far apart plus they were on the incline too!  Well, what's the point of coming if you're not going to work hard, right!

After that we did some 'laying on our back' exercises, stretching out our backs, loosening up and then three in a couple of planks as well, a forward plank and then a side plank!  To finish off with we did a about 10 minutes of relay running.  We chose a shorter straighter path to do our relay as it was getting quite dark, so we ran towards light, the tennis courts.  These tennis players are just as crazy as us, they play all through winter!  They have the flood lights, and if they can get there they will play!  Sports people, what can I say?!

After that it was a warm down, and that was the time the Old Boy decided to face time me, probably to check that I was working hard at my training session (on Tuesday I was actually walking when he called me, and taking the short cut!)

A very good session today, and I shall miss these until the light comes back next year!  So now for the next seasons training days!


No comments:

Post a Comment