Saturday 22 June 2013

A Friday Quickie! - Sort Of!

Hello blog lovers,

I had almost completely forgot that I had done a little bit of exercise yesterday! Incredible isn't it!  I must be getting so blase' (is that how you spell the French word?) about it all. But it really was a 'blink and you miss it' kind of run.

Of course, I don't mean it was a speedy run, although it should have been, it was that it was just a very short run.  A run to the garage to pick up the Old Boys car which had just had some repairs and MOT done on it.

The job didn't take that long! I thought the car would be there all day, but there I was, going to pick it up at around 10;30 ish!  It was a pretty warm morning, and I was pleased that I hadn't actually had my breakfast yet, I had a lazy lay down on the Old Boys sofa after I got back from dropping him off!

I thought I would run the shortest route to the garage to get there as quick as I could so as to get the car out of their way.  I arrived at the garage, looking hot and sweaty, and out of breath! But I think I was pleased with my 'rest day' run.

The mechanics seemed amazed that I had ran all the way, ok  it only was only a one and quarter mile away! But he said he couldn't have even run the quarter!  Of course I championed us runners and the benefits of running! Lets see what happens!

Geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment