Thursday 7 February 2013

Running Snowmen and Contortionists!

Hello Blog lovers.



SOME ONE, PLEASE, TAKE ME AWAY FROM ALL THIS! Can you believe that this one time, large, lazy couch potato could possibly be contemplating leaving her nice warm, cosy, empty peacefully quiet home, to go out in the dark, cold raining evening, to run around a 400 meter track, several times (supposedly getting faster for the last 4 laps!)

It doesn't compute, does it! And quite frankly, if the Old Boy had decided that he is actually going to stay home, instead of going for his bike ride, then I would have stayed home!

Still, as my mantra seems to be at the moment, 'You don't melt if you get rained on!'  What a difference from this afternoon, though. I am so glad that I went running during the day, just to remind me, that running is actually enjoyable!

So, track session, 2x1200 with 2 minutes rest/walk/jog that is 3 times around the track, then walk to the 100 meter mark turn around and back again.  Even I can count up to three and not get confused.  Thats what you would think, wouldn't you. But, added to the dark, the cold, the rain, there seems to be snow flakes floating down. I looked up at the sky. Yup, definite snow flakes.  I blame Sigrid myself, she said that one time during track session the snow fell and settled on the track. She said it was so nice and peaceful! Sigrid, I believed you, you didn't have to order the snow, honest! Then, after that, it should be 4x800, easy peasy, at least those laps I only have to count up to two!

As I plodded out my (it seems) endless laps around the track the rain stopped Yeah! The snow didn't! In fact the snow came down even heavier! I just looked up at the sky, it seemed like the whole of the constellations were gently falling on to us. I'm not sure if I was smiling or grimacing at this point, but it really did look so very pretty. Hang on! What am I thinking! Pretty, snowflakes, me running in the cold! Total madness!  I was running that slowly (due the cold conditions) the snow actually started to settled on me! If it gets any heavier I will end up looking like a snowman!

But, and this is even more worrying, I kind of enjoyed it!  I don't think I did all of my 'allotted' laps (again, as usual, lazy Old Girl) After everybody had finished running around the track, and I know that some of them didn't do all the allotted laps either, we had to do the stretches. We used the shelter to do our stretches where the 'Stretch leader' decided that as it was dry we would sit down and do some glute stretching! Yeah right! I don't think I could get down on the floor without asking for two volunteers to get me up again! Not the way I was feeling anyway. I chose to try do do them sat on the bench. But after looking at the other PWR's and the way they had the arms, legs and grimaced looks, I don't think I was doing so well on the butt stretch.

And then there was another stretch, a leg kind of gets bent, the other one goes over it, you twist your body, grab you left elbow with tongue and say goodbye to your hip bones! I don't think I have ever been that flexible even when the midwife slapped my backside! Most of them seem to be contorting their body, there was just a couple of others that decided actually, sitting and writhing on a cold damp floor was just to much for anybody!

But a good session, glad I went out(?) My therapy sessions will start after my marathon!

Geeky stats!


No comments:

Post a Comment