Sunday 3 October 2021

Running Buddies!

 Hello blog readers!

I told you I would be back!  I've even surprised myself that I am getting on with it!  

Sunday, a beautiful evening, (just after that little down pour we had) and running buddies!  What more could you want?!  I am running with several running buddies, this evening.  NaggyNeighbour, Benji and Buddy!  So, Benji and Buddy are little fur babies belonging to Naggy.  Poor Naggy has been suffering with the PF thingy, which is quite horrible, so she has been coming along to beginners, just working on it slowly.  Today we did the homework part of it but with Benji and Buddy.  Two birds, one stone and all that!  Time management sorted!

Buddy and Benji are completely different doggos!  Benji is the bigger dog!  He's huge, when he comes running at ya for a cuddle you better brace yourself!  And Buddy is an adorable, short leggy little Dachshund!  You can guess which dog I was going to run with! 

We set off from Naggys home, both of us starting our Garmins at the same time, we crossed over and that's when Buddy decided to do his ablutions!  Fortunately Naggy gave us bags to, um, clean up after them.  I am so glad I had the little doggie!

Naggy of course didn't know that we had to stop and she carried on running with Benji, the Budster of course wanted to see his mummy, he's little legs were running at ten to the dozen!  Oh my goodness, he was pulling me along, he was not wanting to run at my pace!  He kept looking for his mummy, stopping looking back but she was just ahead of us, just out of sight, especially for ole little legs!  Every so often, or so it seemed, he seemed to be able to smell them and ran a little faster!  It was little running on a roller coaster....if you get what I mean!  We caught up with Naggy and Benji, mainly because they waited just a little further along the path, during the 2 minutes of walking.  Buddy didn't want to walk, no he wanted to run to mummy! So my walking bit wasn't quite for 2 minutes!

We walked along towards 'Turnaround lamppost' for the rest of the walking section and then started running again.  Little Legs Buddy was determined to keep up with mummy and was pulling on his lead, thankfully he has a harness otherwise I might have had to carry the little fella so as not to strangle him! I had noticed that Benji was just running beside Naggy, not in front of her.  Even though he is the bigger dog, and would probably love to run faster I was beginning to think that maybe running with him would be better for me.  Funnily enough, that was what Naggy was thinking too!  When ever we used to go running with just the three of us, before Buddy joined Naggy's pack, Naggy and Benji used to always be ahead of me but Benji used to actually stop and wait for me to catch up!

When we got onto the A21, the next 4 minutes of running, I took Benji and Naggy took Buddy!   I must say, it was better, but even Benji wanted to catch up to Naggy.  Even though Naggy has this PF thing going on, she is still a lot faster than me!  Feck knows what is going to slow her down, maybe she can have a sloth as a fur baby and try running with that!

By the time we had done our homework the doggos had had enough of running and little legs was slowing down, looking behind to see if me and Benji was still with them.  It was an enjoyable run, my first run with a dog.  Did they make me run faster, well, I think they probably did, just a bit, I was flippin' knackered afterwards!  

Here's a picture of our running today!

Me, Benji's butt, Littlelegs Buddy and Naggy!



No comments:

Post a Comment