Wednesday 1 September 2021

Little Run With Pat

 Hello bloggers

Look at this!  What did I tell you yesterday?  Eh? Eh?  She's only gone and done it again!  Ran, blogged, boom!  Mind you, it was Pat that said, "Go home and blog now"  She was one of my readers of yesterdays blog!  So she knew what I had promised to do!  I remember years ago, when I started my blogs, that I was going to send them over to her to proof read!  I know how my English and spellings wind her up! I think she would have got bored with my blogs by now, he he!  Anyway, what's a Donnas blog with out the atrocious gramma, awful spellings and double double words in place!?

Todays little run we did the same thing as on Sunday, one slight change, Pat tried the AfterShokz on!  She loved them! Ooo Hang on, another little plug here for the Headphones  " #ItriedAS " said Pat!  Pat normally runs with a head band on, and it didn't interfere at all with he buff around the head!  There was another little change, we did more running than last Sunday.  We started our run a little earlier on the course and we finished a little bit further to our stretching point!  I reckon we must have ran over an extra quarter-half mile!  We still kept to our 2 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking!

Our route took us around the tractor park near us, to the top of the path and then down the side.  Of course we ran to Turnaround Lamppost.  That makes me smile, it makes me remember when I first started running.  Walk/run to Turnaround Lamppost and back, I was thinking 'I was all that' if I made it with only 3 walking bits.  But as we are now professional athletes, we didn't exactly go back straight away. After turning around from Turnaround Lamppost we took the path on our left and followed it around to a new turnaround point, now know as Turnaround Fence!

Now Pat has this thing in her head, her little routine, (something that I spoke about yesterday)  she likes to do a little sprint...in the middle of a route, half way around!  I had to plan it so that we were still on the zig zaggy path, but we did it.  I ran behind Pat this time, see how fast her sprints are!  Not too bad!

After that retraced our steps through to the other end of the park and then back past the tractor park.  Just the home straight and we were done.  I told Pat that we would run up to the gate that is across the park, no matter what the Garmin says, walk or run.  Last time we walked this bit. We finished off strong, smiling and glad we came out!  

We did our stretches and then said our good byes.  I continued with the 2/2 walk/run till I got home!  Back to work tomorrow, hopefully I will be totally relaxed then I can enjoy getting back to normal!

Geeky stats.  Since the blog site updated it don't seem to post the pictures of my garmin, so I am afraid if you want to see it just click on the link!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/7409417934' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment