Tuesday 4 May 2021

Blimey - Where Has That Time Gone

Hello readers!

Well, how does all that time get in the way of just writing a few words down about the brilliant job we have all been doing to keep fit!.....When I say we, I mean....that lot.....I have been doing my part, but I know I could so do better

There has been fitness via Whatsapp with Tracy, well not last week, and this week seems to be proving a bit difficult too!  But the beginners have been doing so well.  Have I spoken about the beginners yet! Yes, I'm sure I have.  

It was week three on Saturday, Hannah was in charge of leading them through their paces.  It's her first time leading the bigger group, last year, you remember, we had split into smaller groups of 12.  It felt so normal, I am loving every week of the beginners, chatting to everyone, seeing friends, encouraging people, hearing them say "I didn't think I could do that, but I did!" is most rewarding.  I feel such absolute pride in my running club.  



On Saturday it was the running for equal amounts of time for walking, so 3/3 run/walk.  This week is such a psychological week in the course, it kind of feels so daunting, more than running for more minutes than walking...or is that just me?  But these beginners did blimmin marvellous for last week!  

What else have I been doing!  Oh of course....running!  I've been busy running with group 0!  We are getting back to it, it's taking it's time, but when you think about it, we had a year off!  But as Wendimoo keeps on telling us, think positive, we are getting better, we will get better, and we were better today!

We finally got to 5k, the psychological 3 miles done within the hour that we have for our running.  Just doing that, for me, feels like a huge win!  Done it, 3 miles!  Now we need to build on that!  Push it a little faster, a tad harder.  We got this, we can do it!  WE ARE PWR!


No comments:

Post a Comment