Monday 9 December 2019

Christmas PWR Yule!

Hello readers.

Last night, straight from work I met up with my PWR pals to go for a nice, run in London!  I had my christmas leggings on, my two tutus, my PWR buff!  But I forgot my running top and my bells!!! I had real bell envy when I met all the other PWR's on the platform at Petts Wood.  Some had bells on their jumpers, some had them on their wrist and some had them on their ankles!  Totally envious!  But I was truly happy to be on the train, looking forward to meet the rest of the crew!  There were around 80 of us booked in, but unfortunately there were also some that had to cancel too, due to unforeseen circumstances.

This is us at Charing Cross train station!


We travelled to Charing Cross, our meeting point was at Covent Garden, we were to meet our guides and the rest of the PWR's.  Let me tell you, we made for an impressive sight!  Most of us had some sort of festive theme going on in our running gear, whether it be just a Christmas hat or leggings to full blown fancy dress...... a storm trouper to a Deer riding a reindeer!.......the mind boggles!

We marked ourselves in with the tour guides, our guides was name was Emma.  She never stopped smiling, she must be the most smiliest person ever!  It really did put us in a brilliant mood for a nice gently jog through London.  We were going to be hearing about some traditional Christmas traditions.  Some I can remember, some I can't, some I can only half remember!

There was an absolutely fascinating story about the Cantonia Crapper!  Seriously, you got to go googly the shit ......literally...on the web.  Mind you he wont be added to my manger nativity scene!  Also the yule log, kids making a log a pet and feeding it!  Really!  Two different types of logs which will make me smile when I tuck into my Yule log this Christmas!! Another story was told when we arrived at Shepherds Market (I think that is what it was called) about a certain politician and a 'Lady of the night' getting caught while business was being transacted!

We made an absolute sight when we ran through the streets of London, I just love it! I really do.  Mind you, some of the people on the streets didn't even bat an eyelid!  Maybe they just see too many weird sights!  We were a very colourful crowd though, singing at the top of our voices too!  We were all in such great spirits!

So many lights to see, all of them were just spectacular, from the 'Spirit of Christmas' lights to the 'Peacock feathers' but of course Carnaby street were just wonderful!  This year it was 'all creatures great and small under the sea'  Stunning, but even more 'betterer' was the fact that everything recycled, even the lights were environmentally friendly, energy saving bulbs!  There were lights that twinkled only when you put coins in (I think cash going to homeless) to understated straight lines, I believe those were on Savile Row. 
Spirit of Christmas

I so enjoyed my time running through London, not only seeing the great displays but being with my lovely running buddies from PWR.  We do have a brilliant time when we all go out!  Can't wait to do it all over again!

Here are some more pictures, curturesy of SnappyH, she loves a photograph!
Anables






Cartiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment