Monday 1 April 2019

Progress On The Beginners

Hello blog readers

Our beginners course has just finished the 5th week.  Can you believe it!  I am so enjoying doing the course again with RefMichael and ZippySherry.  I can't believe we are already into week 5 homework!   It's going just brilliantly.

We had a handful of our PWR's to help them all through the 6 minutes of running which we did 4 times with a 2 minutes walk between each rep.  I was leading this week, I think everyone has come to know about my chatting and not keeping an eye on the time!  All I kept on hearing was "Nearly time Old Girl, don't forget".  I blame my Garmin, it has this tiny little beep that I just don't hear!  And I think I have just got used to the thing vibrating on my wrist that I completely ignore it! Ooops!

I think I managed to keep all four running sections to the time I said, well, maybe just about 15 seconds for the 2nd rep, or was it the third?  Of course we don't go straight into the running, there is the brisk walk around the rec for a couple of laps and then the warm up drills!  We can't have them going off without being totally ready!  We are now at that stage where those important drills and warm up are really necessary.  Stretching out the running sections each week.  This week it's running for 6 minutes with just 2 minutes of walking.  It's just fabulous watching and listening to them all as they complete each rep!  Heart warming to say the least!

Anyway,  it's just a quick blog!  Mainly because I am writing this late, but I still remembered to add a picture in here, take a look, done by our resident SnappyH!


No comments:

Post a Comment