Monday 6 June 2016

Monday Blues?

Hello blog lovers.

Today I should have been on my bike, but things sometimes stop you from doing what you want to do and you do the things that you need to do.  Today was a need to do day!  I managed to get everything done, well, apart from my housework, get my dinner out of the freezer, do my washing and get on my bike, but apart from that, everything else that was, priority was done! That's more important than anything else that I wanted to do today.

So just a nice steady plod out, just me, on my own, with my ipod and my thoughts.  I only wanted to go about 3 miles, and going through the woods was probably not a good idea at this time, so I just went on my usual route up to Turpington Lane and back.

As soon as I had finished work I rushed up stairs and got changed into my running gear, I was thinking running would be done with in 40 minutes and I could be back sorting out stuff that I had to do at home (like sort out dinner!) even though I really wanted to go out on my bike today.  Maybe tomorrow I may be able to get on my bike for an hour.  Just as I was getting ready the Old Boy came home.  Ooops, that's when I realised that I had forgotten to get our dinner out!  Never mind, I am sure there is something else I can sort out for our dinner!

I started running up my road and then turned left.  I took a big deep breath and felt good.  I am out here running, with my two good (slow) legs and running.  Who knows what is around the corner for any of us, but right at that moment, I felt good, I felt good that can run, at my age!  Running, just for shit's and giggles! Yup, I needed to run this evening!

It wasn't until I started running along Southborough Lane that I realised that I really hadn't eaten much today, not that it matters, there is plenty of fat reserves in this Old Girl to last a fortnight of running 10k a night! But for the next few meters I ran along Southborough Lane thinking about what I would like to have eaten!  It came to a crashing blow once I reached the Harvester and realised that I am not going to get the chance to eat what I had planned for this evening (chicken nandos and salad!), and my thoughts turned to what I had at home! Fish, egg salad? All the while the smell of steak cooking from the Harvester filled my nostrils. It wasn't helping me focus on my run.  It's funny what pops in your mind when you are solo running, today was obviously a food day!

So from the Harvester on I just thought about what was playing on my Ipod, family, friends, running....cycling!  Anything that took my mind of food.  It worked! All the way around Turpington lane and Green Way, thoughts about today crept into my mind, and how me and the family can make things better for my Mother in Law, she was the one who needed me today.  It made me more positive about what I was doing, I was running!  It's good to run!

I got back to the Harvesters and the waft of charcoaled grilled steaks teased me again!  "Shit, what am I going to have to eat?" I thought to myself.  I carried on running down Southborough Lane, on the way home now.  It wasn't the most fastest of runs, I wasn't planning on breaking any records, (still nothing new there then Old Girl!) but I was feeling tons better, my head was back where it should be, and on wards and upwards to the next day!

I got home and the realised, I wasn't actually hungry anyway!  Maybe just have a little snack later, if I need it!

Geeky stats, and like I said, it's no record breaker!




No comments:

Post a Comment