Thursday 12 March 2015

Tough Thursday!

Hello blog lovers.

Morning Run

T.T. Tough Thursday, that's what this was today. Wendimoo picked me up this morning, and we drove to the rec.  DiscoRich was away having fun watching the geegee's at Cheltenam, and a couple of other of D.R.'s group were away as well, so that left  David and Sacha coming along and joining us in group 1.

Strangely both David and I had in mind to do our PWR's route.  Great minds and all that!  So thats what we did.  We joined forces, and headed out of the rec via Towncourt Road with David taking the lead, and then turn left,  taking the wrong turn!  I just followed behind him trying to keep up with the faster runners but I couldn't catch my breath to call  them to go the other way!  Typical man, never  stops and asks for directions! :-)

When he had realised that he had actually turned the wrong way he stopped at the top of the road and waited for me and Wendimoo to catch up (everyone else was able to run at the faster pace! or is it me just running slower?!) we decided to quickly adapt the route, and then we ran over the walking bridge and got back on track from Tent Peg Lane.

I was really having another bad running session.  I could feel that my body just didn't want to move, and I was really struggling to keep up with them all.  I know they were not running particulaly fast but I just struggled to get moving today.  I felt tired and lethargic. and just generally not feeling the love for running.

I wanted to do the 10k, the woody section, because I thought I would have a chance to then  'feel the love' with running and get that extra mile or so.  But it just didn't happen.  I was behind the gang.  Each of the them taking it in turns to run with me.  I'm not sure if that was planned or if that is just the way it worked out.  But I do know that it is exactly what I needed this morning!  Just that little bit of encouragement from David, Michelle, Wendimoo and Sacha, with Sacha even running loops back down hills to keep me company!

I am lucky that I can get out and run, and I am lucky that I have great friends to be able to run with!  Sometimes, that is all you need.

Geeky stats.


Track Session

Tonights track session was going to be another tough one for me.  PhysioMike was taking this session today, and all I can remember was something about 2 times 1200's, well, I just couldn't get it in my head.  I was just going to do as much as I could.  I kind of recalled that PhysioMike had said that group 1-4 runners just do 800's with the rest in between, 90 sec first then 3 mins, then 90 sec then 3 mins.  I am sure that is what he said.

We all lined up and then Mr.S looked at me. "Come on Old Girl, you can run with me"  Now Mr.S is just plodding along, just for shits and giggles, just for fun which is how it should be. Always remember that running is for fun......at least it is for me, I think I have left it a little late to make it a money spinning career move!  So Mr. S kept me company on every single lap today.  And again, it was just what I needed.  

Sometimes you need your solo runs, whether they are long or short, sometimes you need to stuck in a crowd of runners, just listening to the banter that goes on, and other times you need to be running along listening to just one person.  I am fortunate enough to have had Mr.S just continually chat to me on each of my laps round.  He is the male version of Wendimoo!  I started my moaning about chaffing, Mr. S wasn't taking any of that old nonsense from me, and then immediately trumped my moanings with a chaffing storey of his own!The stories he told me, would make your hair curl!  With him being a fellow blogger I am sure you can read about some of his stories in his blogs, and I am sure the chaffing story is among them somewhere.....or is that the one story he told me not to remember!

I think I did 'alright' on tonights session, Not as many laps as the faster runners, but I think I did all that group 1-4 runners should have done!  Sometimes your running does go 'meh' and this week its my turn to have running go 'meh'  It happens and I will not beat myself up about it.  What I got to think about is 'At least I am out there doing it!

Here is my geeky stats for track session.  I didn't do the stopping of the Garmin between the reps, I just kept it going, I think I would have forgotten to switch it on/off otherwise.

By the way, check out my average moving pace!  I though I was running just a tad faster! :-) Smug mode!



No comments:

Post a Comment