Tuesday 2 December 2014

Club Runs

Hello blog lovers.

I am on top of my blogging again!  That's good, now to get on top of my running and dieting!  I will do, I have to!

So this evening it was two runs, group 0 and group 1.  I have been a bit disorganised with my texting, so I wasn't sure who was going to turn up.  But as I got out of my car I saw three lovely ladies just about to walk into the gate. It was JJ, Jan and ChattyWendi!  Janet hasn't been running for at least 6 weeks due to illness, this flu and cold virus is an absolute nightmare!  But she let JJ and ChattyWendi know that she will be back to running but will go in group 0!  They both came along to group 0 to support her!

Also waiting in the park was Tracey from the beginners group.  I planned on doing the undulating route, through Pettswood to look a the lights and then back down again.  It's a tough little route with that hill in there, but its a good work out.  I was hoping it was just too much for Janet on her return back to running club.

After our warm up drills we set off and turned left out of the park and then left again.  I needn't worried about Janet at all, she was fitting in and running along as if she hadn't been gone 10 minutes!  She was running along with JJ and C.W. while me and Tracy ran behind.

As we were running along Pettswood high street I suddenly realised that the three ladies in front all had on bright yellow jackets while me and Tracey where both in pink! We looked an awesome site as we ran along together, fit as fiddles, all of us.

We had a couple of stops on the way but it was mainly running, running, running!  We ate up those 2 and half miles like we were just popping to the corner shop!  Piece of cake.  We got back into the rec and finished off with our cool down stretches.   A great run today.  Well done ladies, and it's fantastic that Janet is back with us.



Group 1

It's move up week this week.  Now that all the new members have been initiated into the club and absorbed into the groups, it was time to shake it up a bit and mix and match some more!  Some of our group 1 members who came from group 0 have moved into group 2.  They were a bit nervous but I am sure they will do just fine!

In group 1 there were at least 25 of us, including JJ and ChattyWendi!  I gently reminded JJ that she said that she would do group 0 then group 1!  IllustriousLeader was taking the lead, she gave us the direction of run and appointed sweepers, at least three us today, me, JJ and C.W.  

We also had two new members joining us as well.  Love it when we have new people, it shows that we are still growing as a club!  We set off out of the rec turned right and  ran up Pettswood Road, after a discussion and some slight confusion between that and Birchwood!  We will be getting the hill out of the way first.  It does mean that we will have Birchwood road to come down to finish our run, so we will be using Birchwood road, eventually!

The weather wasn't too bad d, it had been raining out, the ground was still wet, which meant there was a bit of cloud around keeping the temp just about right for winter running!  I am not looking forward to when it really does start to get cold!  

We all got up the hill all keeping in quite a nice group, not too spread out, with the catch up stop where they faster runners weren't standing around too long getting cold and the back runners getting enough breather to carry on for the next bit.

Going straight over the round about we made our way around the twiddly bit, with a little loopy bit for the faster runners to do while the back runners could run along the straight bit to take 'pole position' in the front with Illustrious leader!  I waited until the group came out of the little road and then started to run along.  But there were two poeple who didn't quite emerge with the rest of the group who were running behind me!  It was the daughter of one of them that said she was just slowing down to wait for her mum!  We have never lost anyone on any of our runs, or even come close to losing anyone!  Note to self, 'Buck up your ideas woman and check next time"  It's just as well we are not really speedy peoples!

I put myself back into sweepers position and we carried on our running.  I had to use my 'whistle' just to slow the front runners down a bit so that we had time to catch up with them.  With just about a mile maybe a little less we decided to split into two groups.  Those wanting to finish off with just a nice genteel paced run to the park will go with me, JJ and ChattyWendi and those wishing to dash the rest of the way went with IllustiousLeader. 

Most went with I.L. while there was a band of 5 in our breakaway group.  We chatted our way back to the top of Birchwood Road where I.L. was waiting.  She had sent the rest of the group back to the rec.  It was just down the road and first left, so no-one should get lost.  I.L. said "Ok Old Girl, if you want to run a bit fast now"  I thought about it and decided that I didn't have in my legs today to take off.  

But, Birchwood is down hill, and as I was running down I just had to do it, I had to take off!  Such a waste not too!  So I told I.L. that I would see her at the rec.  The great down hill run was just fantastic.  I am sure those Thursday training sessions are helping with the stamina thing as I felt as if I could have carried on past the park and continued to run on home!  Of course I didn't, my car was parked just along the road!

So I went into the rec and I started off the stretches!  A fabulous run, a great route and great people!  I also found out that one of my group 0 people had turned up at 7:30, we had gone by the time she got there!  Did I feel bad!  I must remember to email and text group 0 next week, try and stay on the ball!  But these weeks have been a bit fraught, with other things taking up my thinking space, which is why I have been partying a little too hard!  But now, with the marathon place I will be settling down into good and healthy routine just after the new year!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment