Wednesday 26 February 2014

Chasing the Fitness Level!

Hello blog lovers.

After yesterdays attempt at running along with group 1, after leading my group 0, I realised that I need to get back to full fitness again.  Yes I know it's only been 3 weeks. 3 weeks that I have had off stuffing my face with choccies and cakes, but 3 weeks off for someone who is not the most fittest person around, well, I just can't afford to lose any fitness levels!  So I am going to build up again, slowly and steadily!

So todays solo run, with my music of course, is going to be a short one, then next solo run will be longer, and so on and so forth.  Oh and either before or after each run, I shall be doing some planks, situps (of sorts) and push ups, (easier version!).  I think somewhere on the way I shall find my fitness level and maybe even start to make it rise!!

So after dropping off grandson and getting car tax, I came home and literally almost shouted at myself not to sit down first, but to go and get my jogging gear on!  And that was that, out of the door and jogging along to some great sounds!

I was enjoying it.  The sun was shining and the sky was blue, there was a big smile on my face, and it just felt brilliant! Ok, my work for now has dried up a bit, bank balance is wondering why its not going 'up' but I was out and I was feeling great (apart from the bloomin cough that is still with me of course).

I was jogging along for just a couple of minutes when I past by a friend who was out power walking.  I smiled as I past her,  then I realised, that maybe she could be a perfect candidate for our Pettswood Runners beginners course starting this Saturday!  So I stopped to tell her all about it.  Then I carried on running, still smiling, just because I was out.

Before I got to the end of the road I saw someone else that I knew and stopped to have a quick chat.  Being out in the sunshine brings out the best in people, makes us all feel happier and ready to have a chat about anything!  But my run is still waiting to finish,  I knew I was going be doing a short one today, mainly because I have a busy (ish) day (and it seems to have been an age since that has happened)!  My route was going to take me to Southborough Lane and then through the park and home!  Just a nice quality, own paced, run.  No pressures, (well, none of my runs are!) just do it! Isn't that phrase used by someone!  But that is just it, that is how all runs should be, unless you're racing of course!

So from Oxhawth Crescent it was just me and my tunes.  The tune that came on while I was running down here though had me busting out a few moves!  Rock Around The Clock! I was virtually dancing all the way down to Southborough!  What people must have thought as I waved my arms in the air, trying to do a jive as I ran, I don't know! Still feeling great about being out though!

Running towards the Harvester however, is when my chest and aching muscles started to remind me that I have been ill for the last 3 weeks! Coughing and spluttering along the road, a great advert for 'Go running, it keeps you fit!' So I just slowed down my pace a bit, in fact, I did exactly what I tell the improvers in group 0 to do! It's no good giving out advice if you don't even use it yourself right! 

The run through the park was just as good, can you see a pattern here, just using the bits a bob in view to run to, like, the bins, the ditch, the end of the fence around the play area. Make sure I'm running all the way through the park!  It's all great stuff. I was really enjoying it!

Once home though,  is when I did a few pushups (easy version) a couple of planks (well I couldn't quite manage the full minute I promised myself) and some situps (of sorts). Then a nice cool down, shower, pick up little fella from nursery and then off fully refreshed to do toddler group! Perfect day for anyone!

All in all, today, this morning and this afternoon turned out to be  pretty full and most rewarding day!  What more can I say.  I love running!


No comments:

Post a Comment