Tuesday 7 January 2014

Club Run - Hmppffs, Awws And Groans!

Hello blog lovers!

And a Happy New Year to you all (again). I say that because I have not seen my Pettswood buddies since last year.  And some of them have not been running since last year!  The group leaders were aware of this and were taking it easy on their group members, by running at a slower pace for them this evening!  Mind you, for all those in Group 8, it's the complete opposite, start the year as they intend to be, a hard run and usual speedy pace!  As the leaders were telling of their routes, and who was going slightly easier and who wasn't, you can imagine who was groaning, and those who were stifling a little giggle!

It was good to see them all again though, as I pulled up in my car near the park, there were quite a few people heading into the gate, getting out of their cars, eager to get the new year started with a good first club run of 2014.  The buzz in the rec was excited and happy as we all talked about what we had or hadn't done over Christmas, mainly a lot of eating and no running!

Of course I was a bit smug, and said I had done a couple, thankfully they didn't ask how far and fast I went, because it was far from group 1 pace!  When all the leaders had given out their routes for their groups were ready to get going.  I was sweeper and was very happy to be at the back today, (trying to catch the Old Boy yesterday had shown me where I had hidden my thigh muscles!)

There were quite a number of us running down Crossways, and heading up Willet Road. Everybody still chatting away and all feeling pretty happy to be back.  Nagging Sister was here, Jan, Linda, Julia Illustrious Leader up in the front. Oh yes, it is good to be back! 

I wasn't quite sure of the route today, as I had missed what I.L. had said. As we were running along, I was a bit surprised of the turnings we took.  I wasn't quite sure of where they would end up.  I am not sure if we have been on this route before, or if it is a combination of two routes.  I know we have been on these roads before, but I was really disorientated.  It could because I haven't been on a club run for a few weeks and just like my Garmin, I have wiped my memory!

My legs were aching slightly, and the slower pace at the back was suiting me, but we still kept sight of the main group of runners (just as well really as I wasn't quite sure exactly where I was!)  Getting back to club running, though, was outweighing any muscles complain that have worked too hard.  I am smiling, (even lost a pound or two already this week, although I shouldn't weigh myself now until the end of the week, or month!)

It was a great run though, and a nice easier route and slighter shorter for a 'Get Back To Club Running' run.  There was also an 'opt out' part built in to this evenings run. Instead of going around the block if you felt that you were struggling, then you could go straight to the entrance of the park as we pass Crossways to run around the block!

And today, I had my Garmin. Yeah, so here is the geeky stats.

2 comments:

  1. That was the exact route our Illustrious Leader took me on when I first ran with the club... I was grey by the end of it but 2 stone heavier then so well done all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for remembering a route like that! I was totally disorientated doing this one for some reason lol

      Delete