Wednesday 4 January 2023

Brand New Year!

 Hello blog readers.



Well, it's been a while!  It seems I have written that on the last few blogs!  Blimmin Covid, blimmin lockdown, blimmin chunky bits on my body, blimmin lost mojo! I am not going to write all that utter rubbish about a brand new year, brand new me!  Everyone knows that is rubbish, I am getting older, not newer! And I am going to be just as tough on myself...mentally that is, as I normally am..  I might try to not beat myself up to much....but like I said, I am still me!  Just need to find the discipline!

Anyway, I'm here.  I have been running (please refer to all other blogs, I used that exact same line, I'm sure!) I haven't just sat on my arse....well, not all the time!  Running with the PWR's is a great discipline for me, it means that I have to get out there!  I am the leader!  But other days it's been hard to get out.  Solo running is kinda well, buried deep into my boots! My headspace is just not full of running.  It's full of eating, sitting on my arse, watching crappy reels on Facebook or Insta!  My brain seems to only want to concentrate on 30 seconds of anything and then ready for the next!

Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself.  It can't go on, and it' shouldn't go on!  We....I can't keep blaming everything on Covid and the lockdown. I can't blame some of it on work though.....during term time only of course!

So what's been happening.....hmmm. Well, I turned 60!  That was a huge mile stone!  I started running while I was just under 50 and I am still running!  So year, there you go Old Girl, a huge pat on the back!  I am still here!  It may not be planning marathons any more.....did I tell you I have done 2 marathons?...Oh ok....Just getting out and still doing something is just ok for me right now.

What a motley crew! 

We had our Woo Woo run last month!  That was great fun.  Group 2 came and joined us, RefMichael joined us too...he never misses it! And of course there has been plenty of club runs happening.  Our beginners course ended in September, we had a number of graduates that completed our course and some have joined us at PWR.


Yesterday I was at PWR again, leading.....from the back.....sometimes in the middle and believe it or not occasionally at the front! Woo hoo, get me! I was in my new gear too!  My PWR friends all clubbed together and presented me with a gift voucher for Up and Running, quite a sizable chunk too! No...not talking about me now....anyway I went shopping with the Old Boy, he was driving thankfully, and I bought, new shoes, 361, new running pants, new socks and a new running jacket (one that fits me..!) I had to put it all to good use,  so I did the easy route yesterday, just to get everyone warmed up, lulled into a false sense of security.... ooh maybe shouldn't have type that particular thought! But I really want to make a difference this year.  In my head at the moment I feel stronger.... I was going to enter races, but right now, I don't want to put that pressure on my very delicate resolve.  Just getting out little and often....that's the way to do it.  Lets just get back to running for running sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment