Sunday 25 March 2018

Beginners Week 3

Hello blog readers

This weeks beginners was a bit of a toughie! For me anyway, after having a brilliant night out with my daughter, sister, niece and auntie!  It was a great night!  The Prosecco flowed freely......for an hour and a half that is! There was food as well! Anyway I showed up at the rec actually feeling like a wreck!  Runners are tough though, we can run through treacle, if we had to!  Just look at last week, all that snow yet still they showed up, plus other new comers too!

ZippySherry was leading this weeks session, three minutes running and three minutes walking! It's just an extra minute for running but I know, it can feel like an hour! (especially when you have had a good night out the night before!)  Anyway, I was quite pleased it wasn't me leading on Saturday, the whistle would have gone right through my head! Anyway back to Saturday, we still had new people turning up, it's still totally doable for them to get to the Graduation, keep it nice and easy on the running sections, brisk walks to keep the heart rate up as well as the homework, totally doable I say! 

As usual ZippySherry started them off with the walking around the field, twice!  At least this week there is no snow, but the grass is a bit, well, muddy! Probably just as well, at least I didn't have to run too fast!  I nice gentle miander around for me, taking pictures!  At least I could look like I was on the ball!

We did our warm up drills and then we started our watches,  ZippySherry, RefMichael and me!  Between the three of us we can keep an eye on the time!  Although this week I knew I would be keeping a close eye on those 5 running reps that we did! I did take some photos, and on some of the running sections I did, stop and walk, walk the other way to chat to our wonderful beginners. It's a great excuse to stop that pounding motion!  I said to some of the beginners before we started, after they found out from my mates that I had a good session the night before, I said to them, "I do these things to prove a point, it's blimmin hard to run with a hangover"  Well that was my excuse anyway!

We did the session, and I still wasn't quite sure of how many reps we did, considering how I was feeling I had a great time!  I also found out the one of the beginners had some celebrations happening the night before too! And yet she did it, and she was smiling at the end!  A great session indeed.  So next week it's the easter holidays and we have a break.  Does that mean we stop running!  Nope, we just have an unofficial session, repeating what we did on Saturday!  That way people won't miss out on a session if they go away for the weekend and it also gives another chance for anyone else to come and join in before we pass that magical moment of running for more minutes than walking!

So here's is the only photo I took!  I thought I took more! Oh well, next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment